Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In
Become a Delegate for the ONA 2018 House of Delegates

ONA invites you to sign up to be part of ONA’s primary governing body, the ONA House of Delegates (HOD), held April 20, 2018 in Bend. Bring your voice and perspective to help shape the future of ONA!

We need both experienced and first-time delegates to join us in Bend for ONA’s 2018 House of Delegates.

Becoming a Delegate

To become a delegate for your constituent association, there are two main steps to take:

STEP 1: Complete a Delegate Nomination Form

Nominations must be submitted by March, 2018. 

Please note, CA 5 and the St. Alphonsus - Baker City CA/BU have reached their delegate numbers and are no longer accepting delegate nominations.

STEP 2: Register to attend the ONA Convention and HOD

Completing a delegate nomination form and being selected as a delegate DOES NOT automatically register you to attend the 2018 Convention and HOD. To reserve your spot at the convention and select which days you are planning to attend, you must register for the convention.

Registration is now open, so register today!

What is the HOD?

The HOD, which normally convenes during ONA’s biennial convention, is the primary governing body of ONA. Delegates from our constituent associations come together to play a crucial role in determining policy for our organization. As a membership driven organization, ONA depends on experienced and “first time” delegates alike to bring important perspective to HOD discussions.

At the HOD, delegates will hear reports from the Board of Directors, Constitution Associations (CA), cabinets, or affiliate organizations. They might be asked to vote on resolutions and amendments brought forth by ONA's cabinets, CAs or others.

The HOD is conducted using Roberts Rules of Order.

Who Can Become a Delegate?

Prior to convention, any ONA member in good standing can be elected as a delegate to the HOD via their respective Constituent Association (CA). As a delegate, your term of office begins at the start of the next HOD meeting (usually on the last day of ONA’s biennial convention). Your term ends prior to the following regularly scheduled HOD (normally two years later).

What is a Constituent Association?

Constituent Associations (CAs) are the ONA bodies that elect and submit delegates to the House of Delegates. CAs can be made up of one or more ONA collective bargaining units, grouped together by geography. Members who are not in an established CA are part of an “at-large” CA. CAs can also be made up of special interest groups, although none currently exist.

Each CA is governed by a set of bylaws and have officers that are elected by members in the CA.

Travel and Reimbursements

Travel, lodging and education reimbursements may be available through your bargaining unit or constituent association. Information and resources will be available here at a later date, but please contact your bargaining unit or constituent association leadership for details on funding options.

How Many Delegates Does Each CA Get?

Each ONA Constituent Association (CA) is eligible to send a proportional delegation based on the number of members within the association. See the table below for the number of delegates each CA can send to the House of Delegates.

  Constituent Association # of Delegates    Constituent Association # of Delegates 
CA 1 51 Good Shepherd Medical Center CA 6
CA 3 8 Grande Ronde Hospital CA 5
CA 4 44 Harney District Hospital CA 1
CA 5 70 Mid-Columbia Medical Center CA 6
CA 14 41 Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital CA  4
CA 23 13 Providence Milwaukie Hospital CA 5
CA 24 45 Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center CA 8
CA 51 / Kaiser 4 Sky Lakes Hospital CA 5
CA 52 / OHSU 83 Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital CA 5
At Large CA 47 St. Alphonsus Medical Center - Baker City CA 3
Bay Area Hospital CA 14 St. Alphonsus Medical Center - Ontario CA 3
Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center CA 20 St. Anthony Hospital CA 5

Privacy Policy

Oregon Nurses Association
18765 SW Boones Ferry Rd. Suite 200, Tualatin, OR 97062
(503) 293-0011 or 800-634-3552 (Oregon Only)