Contract 2013-14 Negotiations Resource Center
St. Vincent Nurses Vote to Accept Contract
Voting closed at 8:00 p.m. on March 18 with 85% of those nurses voting to accept to the tentative agreement.
Retroactive pay for 2014 base wage increases (2.5%) will be included on the May 9 paycheck.
We will be
finalizing the contract for printing and will have bound copies
delivered to ONA members (and fair share payers) when completed.
We had a total of 21 negotiation sessions and
reached an agreement on March 5. Read archived negotiation updates and
relevant information here.
Staffing is a priority for nurses. We
gathered 709 signatures in support of reasonable safeguards for safe
staffing and breaks and presented them to administration on January 8.
We made some progress in our negotiations and were able to gain some
language in our contract that addresses procedural safeguards in the
development of staffing plans and nurse input.
ONA continues to have concerns about staffing
at St. Vincent, and the year has begun with reports from nurses about
shifts lacking adequate staff and enough coverage available by our Rapid
ONA has received a copy of the statement of
deficiencies issued to St. Vincent Medical Center Emergency Department
in 2013, and the Medical Center’s documented plan of correction. Click here to read the statement.
- Newsletter March 7, 2014 - Tentative Agreement Reached
- Click here to read an update from our February 27 negotiation session
- February 27 package proposal from Providence
- February 27 package proposal from ONA
- Click here to read our proposal - February 25
- Click here to read our proposal - February 13
- Click here to read the Medical Center Package Proposal - February 14
- Newsletter February 14, 2014 - Bargaining Update #12
- Medical Center Package Proposal - February 13
- Newsletter February 12, 2014 - Bargaining Update #11
- Click here to read full package proposal - February 4
- Medical Center Package Proposal - February 11
- Newsletter February 5, 2014 - Bargaining Update #10
- Newsletter January 10, 2014 - Bargaining Update #9
- Newsletter December 12, 2013 - Bargaining Update #8
- Read the tentative agreement on Leave of Absence here - December 10
- Newsletter November 26, 2013 - Bargaining Update #7
- Medical Center proposals of November 14, 2013
- Newsletter November 18, 2013 - Bargaining Update #6
- ONA Proposals as of November 18
- Medical Center Proposals as of November 18
- Read the Providence St. Vincent Seniority Conversion Concept
- Summary of our proposals and the Medical Center’s responses
- Nursing Unit Paid Time Off (PTO) and Vacation Allocations
- Pre-Negotiation Survey Results on Staffing - November 18
- Newsletter November 7, 2013 - Bargaining Update #5
- Newsletter November 1, 2013 - Bargaining Update #4
- Newsletter October 25, 2013 - Bargaining Update #3
- Newsletter October 18, 2013 - Bargaining Update #2
- Newsletter October 11, 2013 - Bargaining Update #1
- ONA proposals as of October 16
- Medical Center Proposals as of October 28
ONA has requested information for negotiations. We recently obtained the number of hours utilized by unit for agency and traveler nurses for the past three years. Click here to review the report.
Click Here for an Important Message From Your Negotiating Team
Winners of the Pre-negotiation Survey Participation Contest: The units with the highest response rate were: Radiation Oncology and Outpatient Infusion - tied at 100%, Float Pool - 95%, 5E - 78%
Click here to return to the main Providence St. Vincent bargaining unit page