- Thursday, April 12: Labor CE Day
- Friday, April 13: CE Day
- Saturday, April 14: House of Delegates
You can visit the schedule page for a full schedule of the convention events.
The 2012 ONA Convention, A Higher Profile: Increasing Professional Visibility For Nurses, will be held at the Hood River Inn in Hood River, Oregon from April 12-14, 2012.
- Thursday, April 12 will feature CE opportunities from ONA’s Economic & General Welfare program, including opportunities to hear presentations from Kelly Trautner from the Ohio Nurses Association discussing Ohio’s recent victory against anti-union legislation, Judy Huntington of the Washington State Nurses Association exploring external union threats and Theresa Stone on the effective uses of Robert's Rules of Order. (CE hours to be determined)
- Friday, April 13 will provide opportunities for nurses to receive 6.25 CE hours on a range of professional skill-building topics such as developing and presenting an evidence-based case, learning about nurse involvement in the development of electronic medical records, how to present a more professional profile as nurses, and how to develop persuasive arguments on a wide range of topics. Featured presenters include: Marie Manthey, MNA, FRCN, FAAN, PhD (Hon.), President Emeritus of Creative Health Care Management; Mary Grant, RN, NP, former President of ONA; and Gladys Campbell, RN, CEO of Northwest One.
- Saturday, April 14 is the annual ONA House of Delegates.
- Hood River Inn
- Hood River, Oregon
Visit the venue and accommodations page for hotel reservation information and more information about the location of of the social events and things to do while in Hood River.
The following registration costs are subject to membership verification as you register. If you have any questions about your membership status with ONA, please call membership services at (503) 293-0011.
Standard Registration (When Registered Before March 30, 2012)
|Labor CE Day (1-day)
|CE Day (1-day)
|House of Delegates (1-day)
* Join ONA while registering and save up to $200 on fees (one year membership required).
Students Registration (When Registered Before March 30, 2012)
||Student Affilliate Member
||$25 per day
- ONA Retired Members may attend all three days of the Convention for only $25 for all three days.
- ONA 50-year Members may attend all three days of the Convention for Free!
Late Registration Fee
There will be a $50 fee added to the cost of registration for those who register after March 30, 2012.