Put Your Leadership into Action—Serve in an ONA Elected Position!
By deciding to run for an ONA statewide elected position, you make a choice to invest in your future and the future of nursing.
Whether serving on a committee, cabinet, or the board, ONA leaders have the capacity to influence public policy, professional nursing standards and the advancement of the association. In a leadership position, you will help ONA and the nursing profession remain strong.
2017 ONA Statewide Election Positions Open
- Vice President/ANA Delegate
- Director (3)
- Director - New Graduate (1)
- Cabinet on Health Policy (4)
- Cabinet on Education (3)
- Cabinet on Nursing Practice & Research (2)
- Cabinet on Human Rights & Ethics (1)
- Cabinet on Economic & General Welfare (1)
- Nominating Committee (3)
- ANA Delegate Alternate (2)
- NFN Delegate (3)
January 20, 2017 is the deadline to self-announce candidacy for the statewide ONA elections.
Nomination Process and Form
If you are interested in running for one of the open leadership positions, please complete the Talent Bank & Consent to Serve Form here.
For more information, please contact Kathy Gannett at 503-293-0011 or 800-634-3552 ext. 309.
Dates and Deadlines
Jan. 20, 2017: Last day to self-announce candidacy for statewide ONA elections
Feb. 3, 2017: ONA statewide electronic elections open
Mar. 10, 2017: ONA statewide electronic elections close at 12:00p
Below you will find descriptions of each role and position. Click on the links to open/download the descriptions of each leadership position.
Click on the subsequent links for a complete description of each cabinet's member responsibilities:
- Economic and General Welfare: Sets policy for the collective bargaining program.
- Education: Promotes educational standards that reflect the knowledge base required for the provision of high quality nursing care,
- Health Policy: Establishes ONA’s positions regarding the legislature and rule making within the framework of the health policy platform.
- Human Rights and Ethics: Identifies concerns of nurses: Develops a model for all levels of nurses in ONA to show use of ANA Code of Ethics and related documents in their practice.
- Nursing Practice and Research: Identifies concerns of nurses: Develops a model for all levels of nurses in ONA to show continuing competency in their individual practices
Board of Directors Position Descriptions
Click on the subsequent links for a job description of the following Board of Directors positions:
Other Leadership Positions