Cabinet on Nursing Practice & Research (four positions open)
Elizabeth Cathcart, BSN, RN
- Charge Nurse, Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
- I have a passion for providing professional competent nursing care. I have been involved in the education of new nurses and nursing students both on the medical surgical floor and in classes for the medical surgical internship at GSRMC. I was also very active in acquiring education for the nursing staff at Heart of the Valley Center including certification for starting IVs and blood draws. I helped plan and implement scenarios and case studies for the medical surgical internship nurses. My title was Clinical Specialist. I developed the Total Joint Orientation Class at GSRMC, and taught the class for five years. I was accepted by OHSU’s graduate program in Nursing Education with an emphasis on Community Health this year, but allowed me to defer my admission for one year due to my transfer to PCU and all the education required for this position. I hope to be involved in nursing education and curriculum development for new nurses. The responsibilities for nurses continue to expand and require increased knowledge and critical thinking skills. I hope to be involved in education for the existing nurses and student nurses to advance their knowledge and skills to meet this ever growing demand for responsible nursing care.
Laurelen Jabbour, RN, BC
- The cabinet positions need more people. Currently I am a cabinet member who has attended all the meetings and am willing to continue to serve.
Tina Jorgensen, BSN, CPAA
- Staff Nurse, Providence Hood River
- I have been an ONA member since 2003 and on the Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital negotiation team since 2004. I would like to be nominated for the position open for the Cabinet on Nursing Practice & Research. I believe I have the skills to evaluate, help develop and carry out the responsibilies as outlined.
- I have experience in working with individuals in difficult situations, communicating needs of our department and researching guidelines and practices. I have been on the ASPAN testing committee, staffing committee, super user for our HSM, EPIC, and a preceptor for SDS/PACU. I believe I have the skill set to help collaborate with ONA and other units to increase programs, work on safe staffing issues, develop models for competency in areas of nursing with my experience; a nurse having worked in ICU, ED, and ACU. I would like to further my knowledge and become an active member at a new level with ONA.