2016 ONA Statewide Elections
The future of the organization and the future of nursing are guided by nurses who choose to take an active role and make a difference. ONA is looking for those nurses who want to make a difference and advocate for the profession and our patients.
From the board of directors to the cabinets, every leadership role is important in shaping the future of nursing in Oregon and beyond.
ONA is once again using Election-America as the service provider for this election. Each ONA member will be sent a unique login and password from Election-America, specific to the 2016 ONA Elections (NOT the same as your ONA website login).
ONA members will receive the information either by email if we have a valid email address or by postal service mail if we do not have an email for you.
For technical assistance, please contact Election-America at Help+ONA@election-america.com. For questions regarding your membership or election guidelines, please contact ONA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Voting will close on March 7 at 12:00 p.m.
Voting is now closed. Results will be announced at the ONA Convention and House of Delegates
The candidates for each open position are listed below. To read the bio of the candidate, please click on the candidate's name.
Cabinet on Health Policy (1)
Cabinet on Education (4)
Cabinet on Nursing Practice & Research (3)
Cabinet on Human Rights & Ethics (2)
Cabinet on Economic & General Welfare (2)
Nominating Committee (4)
ANA Delegate Alternate (2)
Last ANA Delegate Alternate (1)
Below you will find descriptions of each role and position. Click on the links to open/download the descriptions of each leadership position.
Click on the subsequent links for a complete description of each cabinet's member responsibilities:
- Economic and General Welfare: Sets policy for the collective bargaining program.
- Education: Promotes educational standards that reflect the knowledge base required for the provision of high quality nursing care,
- Health Policy: Establishes ONA’s positions regarding the legislature and rule making within the framework of the health policy platform.
- Human Rights and Ethics: Identifies concerns of nurses: Develops a model for all levels of nurses in ONA to show use of ANA Code of Ethics and related documents in their practice.
- Nursing Practice and Research: Identifies concerns of nurses: Develops a model for all levels of nurses in ONA to show continuing competency in their individual practices
Board of Directors Position Descriptions
Click on the subsequent links for a job description of the following Board of Directors positions:
Other Leadership Positions